DCP-o-matic is a free, open-source program to create Digital Cinema Packages (DCPs) from videos, images and sound files. This means that you can make content to play on DCI-compliant cinema projectors.
DCP-o-matic is a renamed and updated version of DVD-o-matic and is in use in 37 countries around the world.
29th August 2015
DCP-o-matic 1.82.0 was released. This release includes:
- Fix crashes or colour errors on left/right crop in some circumstances.
- Fix to recognise .w64 and .flac as audio files.
- New da_DK translation from Anders Uhl Pedersen.
- Fix display of non-latin characters in some cases on Windows.
- Use 96kHz DCP audio when sources are sampled at more than 48kHz.
Thanks to Anders Uhl Pedersen and Patrick Haderer. Download it from here.
18th August 2015
26th July 2015
DCP-o-matic 1.81.0 was released.
This release includes:
- Updated ru_RU translation from Igor Voytovich.
- New pl_PL translation from Marek Skrzelowski.
- Updated fr_FR translation from Thierry Journet.
- Allow audio from different content streams to be used together in the same DCP (#274).
- Set the default colour conversion slightly more intelligently depending on content type (#565).
- Adjust colour conversion interface so that it's easier to use a preset.
- Be more strict about what characters are allowed in DCP names.
- Adjust job view in various ways (fixing #578).
- Fix hang if you cancel a paused job.
- Fix for distorted audio in some cases.
- Slightly improve performance with high speed encoding setups.
- Use j2c_<uuid>.mxf and pcm_<uuid>.mxf for picture/sound MXF filenames (#336).
- Fix for failure to analyse audio or create DCPs with negative audio delay in some circumstances (#571).
- Fix for failure to import video MXFs in some cases (#566).
- Fix for crashes when using some colour conversions which result in out-of-range XYZ values.
- Fix for failure to encode 3D from separate folders of images in some cases (#634).
22nd June 2015
14th June 2015
DCP-o-matic version 2 is now in beta test. Take a look if you are interested in giving it a spin.