Can't open Encrypted DCP

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
technogeek

Can't open Encrypted DCP

Post by technogeek »

I created an Encrypted DCP on my System when I was running Yosemite.
I have now upgraded to EL Capitan and I cannot open this Encrypted DCP.
I did copy the config.xml file from the user/library/preferences/com.dcpomatic/2 to the new user library on my new boot drive.
Now I do still have the old Boot Drive if I have retrieve anything else but my understanding was that all I needed to do was copy over the config.xml and all my keys would be the same.

Here is the error message as a screen shot that I'm receiving which doesn't make sense because there were never any Subtitles in this DCP.

Is there anything else that I need to retrieve from the old boot drive in order to make this work.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
technogeek

Re: Can't open Encrypted DCP

Post by technogeek »

Update.

I just made a new Encrypted DCP and when I "Add Folder" in DCP-O-Matic and then Add the KDM or DKDM via "Add Files(s)" for this machine I get the same error. I then cannot open the DCP.

This is really perplexing me.

Help and Thanks.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Hi there, don't add the KDM with "Add file(s)..."; instead, right-click on the encrypted DCP in the list and choose "Add KDM..." Does that work any better?
technogeek

Post by technogeek »

That will probably do the trick, I will give it a try when I get back to the office tomorrow.

How stupid of me, it has been at least 6 months since I've used it so I completely forgot that that was the way to do it.

Thanks