Video File Export - Without Sound

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
rosanamadalina

Video File Export - Without Sound

Post by rosanamadalina »

Hi everyone,

I've been having an issue lately, when exporting a video file (H264) from a DCP. When opting for the "mix down audio to stereo", the export has been coming out without any sound whatsoever. I've even uploaded the resulting file onto Premiere, and confirm that there isn't any soundwave information.
If I maintain the original audio channels (5.1 or 7.1), then I have no problem.
I used to export screeners like this all the time before, but I've had this issue with the recent versions of DOM.

For reference: I've both used a M3 Macbook Pro, as well as a 2019 Mac Pro (8-Core Intel Xeon W Processor), and have the same issue. I'm using the Sonoma macOS in both computers. I've also updated my DOM to the latest version today (2.16.81), and the problem still persists.

Any idea what could be the problem? Can any Windows user tell me if they have the same issue? Thanks!
carl
Site Admin

Re: Video File Export - Without Sound

Post by carl »

Hi, thanks for the report - looks like a bug in DCP-o-matic - I will investigate.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

A work-around is to set the number of audio channels to 6 in the DCP tab of the project before exporting. There should be a fix ready in the next day or so.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

This should be fixed in 2.16.82 - let me know if you still have problems with that version.